I bought shrimps last Sunday from the ever-reliable Dagonoy Public Market thinking of cooking it come early Monday morning for my lunch. Suddenly, laziness hit me and decided to go with my #PokémonGo urge instead. For the past few days, this craze has been my compulsion…I gotta catch ’em all, achieve the highest level and eventually become the Pokémon Master. I even leave early in the morning to go to our office in BGC office and come home late just to catch these monsters. hahaha
As for the shrimps, they stayed in the fridge for several days. But due to continued rains today, I cannot go out to hunt some #Pokemon. So I remembered my shrimps…and my craving for Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp. I am sharing with you this simple but well-loved recipe. The main ingredients are:
• ½ Kilo shrimp Php 180.00
• ½ cup of butter Php 30.00
• Garlic, minced Php 10.00
• 2 pcs. Siling Mahaba Php 2.00
• 1 sachet of Magic Sarap Php 4.00
• 1 cup soda (Sprite) Php 10.00
• Black Pepper to taste
TOTAL COST: PHP 236.00
1. Clean the shrimps thoroughly in running water. Use scissors to cut the “antennae”.
2. Place the shrimps in a big bowl and marinate in half cup Sprite for about 15 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a cooking pan. Sauté the garlic until the color turns golden brown.
4. Add-in the shrimps.
5. Pour in the remaining Sprite and add the Magic Sarap, ground black pepper and Siling Mahaba.
6. Boil for 3-5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. You will notice that the shrimps will become yummy orange in color.
7. Turn off the burner and you’re done!
8. Serve hot and enjoy Eating!
Masarap kumain nito kapag naka-kamay ka lang… “finger licking good”